Field Spaniel Society of America - Membership
Welcome New Members
Do you adore your Field Spaniel solely as a companion pet? Do you enjoy showing your Field Spaniel in conformation dog show events? Do you relish interacting with your Field Spaniel in obedience, trailing, tracking, agility, rally or a host of other trial activities? Do you utilize your Field Spaniel in a for hunting? If you answer yes to any or all of the above, or simply have an interest to learn - this is the club for you!
Membership in the Field Spaniel Society of America is open to anyone interested in Field Spaniels and who share the common interest in promoting the welfare of this amazing breed. While owning a Field Spaniel is not a prerequisite for membership, applicants must be in good standing with the American Kennel Club.
The FSSA offers numerous membership benefits which include:
- A subscription to quarterly electronic issues of the FSSA Newsletter
The cost to join FSSA:
Single Membership $25
Family Membership $35
Foreign Membership $25
Junior Membership $5
Field Spaniel Society of America - Membership Application
- Individual Membership
Open to all persons 18 years of age and over who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club. Upon approval, “Individual” memberships shall have one (1) vote, may hold office and may serve as a single sponsor for a new member.
- Family Membership
Open to all persons 18 years of age and over who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club. Upon approval, “Family” memberships shall have two (2) votes, may hold office and may serve as a single sponsor for a new member.
- Junior Membership
Open to all persons under the age of 18. Upon approval, “Junior” memberships shall enjoy all privileges of membership except voting or holding office.
All membership categories require you to secure the signatures of two (2) sponsors who are existing members in good standing with the Field Spaniel Society of America.
To apply for membership:
- Download the official club application provided in the link below:
- Read, print, completely and legibly fill out all necessary areas, and sign the application. Your signature signifies your understanding of, and agreement with the Code of Ethics and to abide by the rules set forth in the Constitution, Bylaws, and Standing Book of Rules (SBR) of the Field Spaniel Society of America.
- Have your two (2) sponsors sign the application.
- Make initiation checks or money orders payable to the Field Spaniel Society of America in US funds only. The amount due is noted beside the “membership type” category you chose on your application.
- Enclose your completed application with payment and submit by postal mail to:
Field Spaniel Society of America
38 Brainard Road
Averill Park, NY 12018
Our applicant process is simple. All proposed applicants are submitted to and published in our newsletter for review by our membership body where they are given a fifteen (15) day time period for potential comment. A total of thirty (30) days post-publication, our Board of Directors will vote on club business and proposed applicants within that issue. You will be notified of your status via postal mail shortly thereafter. This can be a lengthy process due to our newsletter publishing schedule.
We look forward to having you join us in membership. Thank you for your interest in the Field Spaniel Society of America!!